Episode 7 – Robert Mathieson took time out to meet Pipers’ Persuasion at the College of Piping in Glasgow during the launch day of The House of Edgar Shotts & Dykehead Pipe Band‘s centenary exhibition, held there on 9 August, 2010. The timing of this interview couldn’t have been better, with Robert stunning the pipe band world just a few days earlier by announcing the end of his highly successful 24 year leadership of the band. Robert shares his views on a broad variety of subjects including his influences, composition, musical presentation, ensemble and his close relationship with Jim Kilpatrick MBE.
2. Opening Remarks
3. Polkemmet & Shotts Pipe Bands
4. Collaborations with Jim Kilpatrick & Music for the Band
5. Prizes and Judging, Ensemble & Communication
6. Preparation & Presentation
7. The Kilt Centre & The Pipe Box
8. Solo Piping
10. Advice for Young Pipers
Tags: Jim Kilpatrick MBE, John Barnes, Alex Duthart, Erwan Ropars, Fred Morrison, Allan MacDonald & Gordon Duncan.